Aluminum Wheelchair Ramps in Philadelphia, PA
Portable and Modular Wheelchair Ramps
If you have restricted mobility and are searching for a reliable solution to enhance the accessibility of your home and areas you frequent, EJ Medical Supply offers a range of aluminum wheelchair ramps that enable safe and smooth access. From portable folding options to modular wheelchair ramps and beyond, EJ Medical Supply has the wheelchair ramp in Philadelphia, PA for you.
Indoor and Outdoor Portable Wheelchair Ramp
Portable wheelchair ramps are excellent additions that increase accessibility no matter where you go. With a weight capacity of up to 800 lbs, these ramps provide a reliable solution for transferring out of vehicles, onto curbs, and many other obstacles. Foldable options can be easily packed into a vehicle, and all models can be used indoors and outdoors.
Types of Portable Aluminum Wheelchair Ramps
There are several types of portable aluminum wheelchair ramps available to suit varying accessibility requirements, including:
- Solid surface portable aluminum wheelchair ramps with handrails
- Solid surface portable aluminum wheelchair ramps with no handrails
- Single-fold portable folding wheelchair ramp
- Trifold portable folding wheelchair ramp
Modular Wheelchair Ramps
Modular wheelchair ramps are a practical solution that enables individuals to overcome mobility obstacles by allowing safe and convenient access to otherwise challenging-to-reach places. Modular ramps are more permanent than portable ramps and can be used for longer or higher distances, as they are pre-fabricated and installed on-site.
Advantages of Modular Wheelchair Ramps
There are many advantages when it comes to choosing a modular wheelchair ramp, including:
- No permit required
- Indoor or outdoor solution
- Different configurations, including L-shape, straight, and more
- Solid or mesh design options
- Integrated feet that remain grounded with supportive options for softer surfaces
- Enhanced traction and moisture-shedding abilities
- 1,000lbs weight capacity
- Can be conveniently disassembled
Disadvantages of Modular Wheelchair Ramps
Although there are a wealth of advantages, there are several downsides to Modular wheelchair ramps, including:
- Standard sizing and limited customization options
- They may require scraping and repainting to extend their usage
- Silver finishing that may not be appealing and is difficult to paint
- Higher cost than wood or steel ramps
Threshold Wheelchair Ramps
Threshold ramps are smaller ramps traditionally used for raised doorway thresholds and sliding glass doors with sizes of up to 6 inches in height to deter hazards and increase accessibility. Threshold ramps can be used inside and outside the home to reduce tripping hazards and enable smooth transitions.
What to Consider When Choosing a Wheelchair Ramp
When choosing between a modular or portable aluminum wheelchair ramp, there are factors to consider, including:
- Is it for a full-time resident or an occasional guest?
- Size and weight requirements
- Does the ramp user have a caregiver to help them?
- Rant slope requirements according to ADA guidelines to avoid safety hazards
Temporary Wheelchair Ramps
Whether you’re hosting a family member with accessibility requirements or you are navigating mobility challenges while recovering from an accident or medical procedure, certain wheelchair ramps offer temporary solutions. Portable and folding ramps provide convenient storage and can be easily put away or taken out as needed.
The Importance of Access Ramps
Wheelchair ramps are instrumental in optimizing accessibility and independence for those with mobility challenges. EJ Medical Supply’s wheelchair ramps increase the safety of your property by mitigating hazards and reducing the physical strain on caretakers and family members who otherwise must help wheelchair users maneuver problematic areas.
Let’s Discuss Your Aluminum Wheelchair Ramp Today
If you or a loved one is looking to increase the accessibility of your household or invest in a portable wheelchair ramp to facilitate outings that involve unfamiliar places or vehicles that are otherwise not wheelchair-friendly, EJ Medical Supply is here to help. Contact our experts today to discuss your wheelchair ramp needs.
Mobility For Life
- A+ Rated by the BBB
- Stairlifts Made In America
- Lowest Price Guaranteed
- Over 20 Years of Experience
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Certified Warranty Service Center
Tell us how we can help you and one of our associates will be in touch with you shortly