Stairlift Guide to Learn More about Your Lift Options
Providing Stairlifts in Philadelphia, South Jersey, & Delaware
As we age, it’s not unusual to face mobility problems. Our joints may not permit us to do all the things we once did, like walking up and down stairs. If you feel a little unsteady on your feet, it may be time to consider installing a stairlift. Not only will this addition to your home keep you safe from falls, it will also allow you the freedom to stay in the home you love. EJ Medical Supply is here to provide the guidance you need when choosing and installing a stairlift at your Philadelphia, South Jersey, or Delaware home. We’ve put together this stairlift guide to provide you with necessary information before you make your final decision. Please reach out to us if you have any additional questions about our stairlift options.
What Are the Different Types of Stairlifts?
Not all staircases are created equal, which means each staircase will require a lift to meet its unique features. There are four main types of stairlifts with the option to customize them to individual needs. EJ Medical Supply provides our customers with the best options in stairlifts, offering numerous models from Bruno Stairlifts. Our goal is to help our customers stay in their current home, and we believe mobility concerns shouldn’t prevent that. Our team is here to help you find the right stairlift option to meet your needs, so you don’t have to give up your independence in your home. We are able to install all of the following stairlift types:
- Straight: This is usually the most common type of stairlift needed in a residential setting. As the name implies, this is for straight staircases, with no turns or landings in the middle of the stairs. A straight lift will allow you to regain access to an upstairs living space or downstairs laundry area that you are no longer able to get to due to mobility concerns. We offer two of Bruno’s straight stairlift models – the Elan Straight Rail and the Elite Outdoor Straight SRE-2010E.
- Curved: It’s not uncommon for residential staircases to have a turn or landing in the middle. With staircases like this, you need a specialized lift to accommodate the turns. EJ Medical Supply can supply and install curved stairlifts that are custom made to hug every corner of the staircase. This results in a seamless appearance and a smooth ride.
- Outdoor: Outdoor stairs are just as difficult to maneuver as indoor ones if you are unsteady on your feet. For that reason, we offer outdoor stairlifts that are able to withstand the harsh elements for years to come.
- Commercial: We offer a selection of commercial stairlifts that can be useful in churches, schools, or businesses. Our team can help you install a lift at your commercial property and ensure it adheres to all local codes and regulations.
What Are the Main Components of a Stairlift?
Every stairlift is made up of three major components, all of which play an important role in the operation of the lift. EJ Medical Supply ensures every component is installed flawlessly and is ready for daily use at your home. The main components of a stairlift include:
- Rail: The rail is the part of the lift that is placed along the wall all the way from the top to the bottom of the staircase. The rail is usually an aluminum or steel track that the chair glides along as it travels up and down the staircase.
- Chair: The chair includes the seat as well as the carriage that connects the chair to the rail. The carriage also houses the motor that moves the chair.
- Power Source: A regular 120-volt outlet is enough to power any stairlift. A battery inside the chair is charged by the outlet when the lift is not in use and provides the power needed to move the chair up and down the staircase.
What Are Some of the Unique Features of Bruno Stairlifts?
Bruno stairlifts are designed for ease of use, always keeping the convenience of the user in mind. That’s one of the reasons why EJ Medical Supply chooses to sell these superior products. Every Bruno stairlift comes with the following features:
- Folding Seat or Footrest
- Swiveling Seat
- Adjustable Chair
- Safety Belt or Sensors
- Remote Controls
Backed by a Reliable Warranty
You can have added peace of mind when you install a Bruno stairlift thanks to a comprehensive manufacturer warranty. There is a limited lifetime warranty on all major components of the indoor straight stairlifts for the lifetime of the lift. Curved and outdoor stairlifts come backed by a 5-year warranty on all major components as long as the original purchaser owns the lift.
Mobility For Life
- A+ Rated by the BBB
- Stairlifts Made In America
- Lowest Price Guaranteed
- Over 20 Years of Experience
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Certified Warranty Service Center